A $3,000 scholarship provided by a local real estate group is now available for graduating seniors in our neighborhood.
The scholarship, provided by Lakewood Coldwell Banker Realty, is open to students at Woodrow Wilson, Bryan Adams and Lake Highlands high schools. This is the second year the group has offered the scholarship.
“Our mission on our team is to ignite kindness,” says Live Local Group founder Nancy Wilson.
Wilson, who has lived in East Dallas for about 30 years, and several of the other agents on her team had kids who attended those three high schools. The real estate group also works to make a difference in the local community.
The scholarship money goes directly to the winning student, and the top 10 finalists will each receive a $100 gift card.
Applications are now open. To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The subject line should be “2022 scholarship submission for First Last name.”
- A Word document with the applicant’s first and last name, address, phone number and email; the name of the school counselor; and GPA, ACT and/or SAT scores
- A resume
- An official transcript certified by the school registrar or guidance counselor verifying GPA
- An essay explaining: How you ignite kindness in your community
- A photo of the student
- Two letters of recommendation
For more information, visit this website.
The application period opens March 31 and ends April 22. Finalists will be notified May 1, and students and parents will be invited to a dinner at Times Ten Cellars, scheduled for 6:30-8 p.m. May 11.
Wilson says the essay is the main part of the application she and her team will be evaluating. They’re asking for grades and test scores to confirm that applicants are seniors who are currently enrolled in school.
“We live here, we give here, and we work here,” Wilson says. “And so, this is our here. This is our immediate community.”
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.