Built-up grease in smoker vents caused a small, overnight fire Saturday at Pecan Lodge, but the barbecue joint was up and running that morning for takeout and patio service, according to Dallas Fire-Rescue.

The fire occurred at 2:30 a.m. at the restaurant, 2702 Main St. in Deep Ellum. One person was at the restaurant preparing to smoke some meat when the flames erupted, NBC affiliate Channel 5 reported.

Fire fighters extinguished the blaze, which they believe was caused by the accumulation of grease in the smoker vents.

The fire burned the equipment and caused about $2,000 to the building, according to the news station.

No injuries were reported.

Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.