A new group designed to support and encourage female business founders will hold six sessions at a recently redesigned Lakewood office building.
Fempowerment Sessions was founded by Kaelin Anne Hurst, Katy Sensenig Schilthuis and Kelly Blue. It will offer female business owners the opportunity to learn about all sorts of topics including management, marketing, motherhood and work-life balance.
The sessions begin in September and will run through October at the Caddo Lakewood offices at 6301 Gaston Ave. Each starts with a 30-minute mingling time followed by an hourlong discussion.
A virtual option is also available.
Women can purchase a pass for the entire six-week program for $200 or a pass for each session for $40.
Here are the days and topics:
- Sept. 15: Defining Your Strengths and Harnessing your Influence
- Sept. 22: Mindset: Self-Care & Mental Wellness as a Female Founder
- Sept. 29: The 4 Pillars of Promotion: Marketing, PR, Social & Branding (Amber LaFrance will be a speaker.)
- Oct. 6: Community, Relationships & Collaborations
- Oct. 13: Work/Life Balance & Motherhood in Business
- Oct. 20: Insecurities, Imposter Syndrome & the Comparison Trap
Find more details about the events here.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.