Up to $2,5000 was awarded in each grant, given through the Grants for Innovative Teaching program, according to Dallas ISD’s The Hub. Funded projects address reading and literacy, diversity, special education, science, technology, engineering, math, and arts and culture.
Since the Junior League of Dallas’ Signature Project began, more than $2.1 million has been given to Dallas ISD educators, affecting about 15,000 students, according to a news release from the Junior League.
Here are the East Dallas teachers who received grants this year.
- Shannon Smith: Finding Your Zen in My Reading Den
- Elma Martinez Padilla: Playback, read Forward, Improving Literacy through Personalized Auditory Feedback
- Sue Mendoza: Regulate Our Roar
- Shakirae Ajaga: Calming the Chaos in the Classroom Environment
- Jennifer Belchi Segura: Makerspace in the Science Classroom
- Eva Flores-Perez: “Emotionplace,” My Reading Calming Corner