The Greater East Dallas Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for its annual Business of the Year awards. There are five categories for consideration.
- BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: This award recognizes an outstanding East Dallas business.
- ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR: This award is presented to an individual for entrepreneurial achievements.
- CHAIRMAN’S AWARD: This award is presented to a company or an individual associated with the company who has made an outstanding contribution to the community and to the Greater East Dallas Chamber of Commerce.
- LIVE LOCAL AWARD: This award recognizes a small business or small-business owner in East Dallas who is a community leader who supports and gives back to the community.
- R.S. MUNGER BUSINESS PIONEER AWARD: The recipient must be responsible for the development of an innovative technology or creative concept, process or business method. He or she must live or work in East Dallas.
Nominations must be submitted online by the July 23 deadline. Once nominations are received, the nominee will receive a form to fill out for more information. Nominees do not have to be Chamber members.
Winners will be announced Aug. 9 and will be honored at a luncheon at the Lakewood Country Club on Aug. 20.
Find a list of past winners here.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.