The Greater East Dallas Chamber of Commerce announced the six educators named the teachers of the year.
Awards were given to public and private elementary-, middle- and high-school teachers. Both the educators and their school will receive $250, and they will be recognized at a luncheon scheduled for 11:30 a.m. April 21 at St. John’s Episcopal School.
Here are the award recipients:
- Tiffany You: Dallas Academy
- Kathryn Potter: St. John’s Episcopal School
- Tom Trautman: Bishop Lynch High School
- Cathia Arevalo: S.S. Conner Elementary
- Emily Reynosa: Lee McShan Elementary
- Andrew Lyons: Alex W. Spence Middle School
All of these teachers were names winners for “providing outstanding education for their respective students” and contributing toward “innovative, unique and novel programs that are serving to improve and promote education.”
Tickets to the awards luncheon cost $35 for chamber members and $40 for guests; RSVP by April 11.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.