Thanks to Elizabeth Nelson for letting us know that there will be a picnic Sunday for the Peaks Addition Neighborhood to unveil the master plan for Buckner Park. As noted on their website, the event will:
– Review the Buckner Park Master Plan and provide feedback and input on the plan
– Meet neighbors and city officials
– Donate to and pledge your support for the improvement of Buckner Park
– Enjoy entertainment featuring dancing by Ballet Folklorico (3:00), music by Restoration Blues (4:30), and games for kids
– Buy raffle tickets and win one of many fabulous prizes!!
– Bring your own picnic
– Cold drinks and snacks will be available
The Peaks Addition Neighborhood and the Peaks Suburban Historic District have become one of the most dynamic areas in the City. I love the idea of the neighborhood taking the lead in how their part of town evolves. This is the approach that is missing in some of the other, higher profile development squabbles we hear about.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.