Here are some neighborhood school news nuggets for the week:
- Victor H. Hexter Elementary shared the above photo on Facebook of 4th graders enjoying the new library, including checking out books on the new iPads. In June, Hexter received a $250,000 library renovation through a a national grant from The Heart of America Foundation with the support of Target. Read more here.
- Check out this video of Woodrow grad and former Texas State Champion Grace Choi making a 40-yard chip on No. 9 to seal her victory during day two at University of Michigan‘s East and West Match Play Challenge. Click the ‘Play of the Day‘ tab.
The 18th annual Long Run is right around the corner. It is the only fundraiser sponsored by the J.L. Long Middle School PTA. Proceeds are targeted to bridge critical gaps in the J.L. Long Middle School budget. This year’s event will take place on Oct. 16, with festivities beginning at 5:30 p.m. The 1-mile Family Fun Run/Walk begins at 6 p.m. and the 5K Certified Run, begins at 6:30 p.m. Please click here for Sponsorship Opportunities and more information.
- This Thursday, Sept. 25, support William Lipscomb Elementary during the Dine & Donate dinner at Penne Pomodoro in Lakewood. Learn more here.
- The 2014-15 Stallion Strong Fundraising campaign came to a close on Monday, but we’re still waiting to find out how much the campaign raised. Last we heard, Lakewood Elementary had raised $45,000 of its $55,000 goal.
- On Sept. 2o, Lakehill Preparatory School in East Dallas announced that the 2014-15 Lakehill Warriors defeated Phoenix Charter School of Greenville, Texas.
- A few weeks back, Alex Sanger Elementary School accepted the ALS Bucket Challenge at the request of Larry Smith Elementary. Watch the video here.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.