Here are some neighborhood school news nuggets for the week:
- The above photo is from the inaugural BLHS MajorEdge Career Day on Oct. 15, in which more than 50 Friar alumni and current parents visited Bishop Lynch High School. During that day, 294 Lynch seniors navigated through the rows and rows of tables on display, in order to visit with six professionals for 20 minutes each, listening, asking questions and communicating with others interested in the same fields. There is a photo slideshow from the event available online.
- For those in the Woodrow feeder pattern, PREP University workshop is scheduled for this Thursday, Oct. 30 at 9:30 a.m. at Eduardo Mata Elementary School in the auditorium. The topic is “Parenting Skills: Building your child’s self-esteem” and will be led by Ellen White with the YMCA.
- The Lakewood Home Festival is coming up. Don’t forget to grab tickets to the auction party while they’re still available. Also, the LECPTA is still looking for volunteers to help with the home festival weekend. Learn more.
- Lakewood Elementary needs volunteers to help with the Stallion Store coming up on Nov. 7. Learn more.
- Sleep under the stars at Stonewall Jackson Elementary School during their campout this weekend on Saturday, Nov. 1. Starting at 4 p.m., families can set up tents on the school grounds. Enjoy dinner, s’mores, which are included in the price of the event. Bring your own tent, sleeping bag and camping equipment.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.