More than 30,000 East Dallas neighbors are without power, and updated restoration times show electricity may still be days away.
The updated times, accurate as of 4:20 p.m. Tuesday, are about three days later than original estimates. The electric company, Oncor, expects the majority of customers will have power restored by late Wednesday. But some neighbors may be without electricity until Saturday.
The electric company has restored power to about 24,000 neighborhood customers since Monday.
Here’s when you might get your power back:
- ZIP code 75204 is expected to be restored by 1:30 a.m. Thursday
- ZIP code 75206 is expected to be restored by 4 p.m. Wednesday
- ZIP code 75214 is expected to be restored by 12:30 a.m. Saturday
- ZIP code 75218 is expected to be restored by 8:30 a.m. Thursday
- ZIP code 75223 is expected to be restored by 8 a.m. Friday
- ZIP code 75228 is expected to be restored by 6 a.m. Thursday
For updated restoration times, view the outage map on Oncor’s website.
But residents should take heart. Flashback Dallas tweeted that dozens of utility trucks are working at Mockingbird and Abrams.
Dear East Dallas: the cavalry has arrived. There are dozens and dozens and DOZENS of utility trucks massed in the old Albertsons parking lot at Mockingbird and Abrams. I don’t know where they’ve come from, but they’re here to help Oncor. #Dallas #poweroutage #eastdallas pic.twitter.com/90KodePOuf
— Flashback: Dallas (@FlashbackDallas) June 11, 2019
Here’s to hoping that power will be restored sooner than we think.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.