Nearly 54,000 customers in East Dallas are without power after a Sunday storm downed power lines and darkened residential homes and businesses across the city.
Crews with the electric company, Oncor, are working to restore power to nearly 239,000 customers in Dallas and Fort Worth as of 10:10 a.m. Monday. Since the storm, power has been restored to more than 80,000 customers, according to Oncor’s website.
But fallen trees, debris and poor road conditions have slowed the effort. In heavily damaged areas, many electric facilities will have to be reconstructed, and some customers might not get power back for a few days.
Here’s when your power might be restored:
- ZIP code 75204 is expected to be restored by 3 a.m. Tuesday
- ZIP code 75206 is expected to be restored by 5:30 a.m. Tuesday
- ZIP code 75214 is expected to be restored by 11:30 p.m. Wednesday
- ZIP code 75218 is expected to be restored by midnight Thursday
- ZIP code 75223 is expected to be restored by 4:30 a.m. Tuesday
- ZIP code 75228 is expected to be restored by 5:30 a.m. Tuesday
For updated restoration times, view the outage map on Oncor’s website.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.