Dallas ISD is partnering with organizations to offer COVID-19 vaccines to kids ages 5 and older at some district schools.
Clinics at eight schools will offer first doses 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Nov. 20. Second doses are available at the same time Dec. 11.
Solar Preparatory School for Girls is one of the campuses offering vaccines.
It takes six to eight weeks after students are fully vaccinated to become immune.
The district also decided to keep its mask mandate in place but said it will continue watching the data and reassess in mid-December.
“Data shows our mask requirement has helped keep the percentage of positive cases down, and Dallas ISD is one of the districts with the lowest transmission rates compared to districts without one,” the district wrote on its news website.
Here are the schools hosting clinics:
- Henry W. Longfellow Career Exploration Academy
- David G. Burnet Elementary School
- Cedar Crest Elementary School
- Gilbert Cuellar Sr. Elementary School
- Jerry R. Junkins Elementary School
- Umphrey Lee Elementary School
- Charles Rice Learning Center
- Solar Preparatory School for Girls
To see other places in our neighborhood offering vaccines for kids, click here.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.