Here’s some school news you might need to know this week:
- Rhonda Craven, a teacher at Woodrow Wilson High School, is sponsoring a newly formed knitting club. The club is about to start a project that will provide hand knitted or crocheted hats and blankets for babies born at Parkland Hospital, and “the kids are super excited,” she says.
- Coming up on Monday, Oct. 9 is Elementary Fair Day, which is a student and teacher holiday.
- The LECPTA Home Festival is coming up in November and they’re looking for volunteers.
- The Hexter Howl is coming up at the end of the month and Victor H. Hexter Elementary School is looking for help with its toy drive and child sponsorship. Learn more.
- Lakewood Elementary School says they are short staffed this year and need volunteers for the front office. Learn more.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.