Here’s a roundup of school news nuggets for your perusal:[list type=”bullet”]
- Lakewood Elementary is hosting its book fair this week, from March 3-7. Stop by the school to browse through the selection of children/student books. Hours: Tue 7:30 a.m.-4:15 p.m., Wed 7:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m., Thur 7:30 a.m.-4:15 p.m., Fri 7:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- This Thursday, eat at Fuzzy’s Taco and support Stonewall Jackson Elementary School. All day, from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., stop by 6465 E. Mockingbird for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Let the cashier know that you’re there to support Stonewall Jackson and 10% of their sales will go to the Stonewall PTA.
- Woodrow Wilson High School is gearing up for its rendition of Funny Girl in April for the ever-popular Woodrow spring musical. The musical runs from April 24-26 in the Woodrow Wilson High School auditorium at 100 S. Glasgow. For more, read the event webpage.
- Lakewood Elementary and the Lakewood PTA are getting ready for their Spring Carnival in April. The carnival, A Space Odyssey, needs sponsors and donations for on-line auction prizes (see the list of suggested items). They have t-shirts available, but only until March 7.
- Stonewall Jackson is still prepping for the 3rd Annual Food Truck Field Day on March 29, and there’s going to be a new addition to the event this year: The White Top Book Sale. So Stonewall needs as many books as they can get before then. There’s a bin in the front hall outside the office for donations. All proceeds will benefit Stonewall Gardens.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.