This year’s Lakewood Home Festival will be a “street-view” tour with a twist.
“While the Home Tour Festival weekend will again look different this year, our focus and goal of raising critical funds for our local schools remains steadfast,” says Shannon McKie, president of the Lakewood Early Childhood PTA, which presents the Home Tour Nov. 13.
This year’s 45th annual home tour is bowing to the realities of the pandemic in making tour-home interiors off-limits. But in a new initiative to engage visitors, each of the six selected neighborhood tour homes will have family-friendly activities on the front lawn, Saturday, Nov. 13 and will include food trucks, games, crafts and activities for kids and adults.
“We are excited to feature activations outside each of the homes,” McKie says. “We know it will be a fun and safe experience that will continue to rally our community in helping our East Dallas schools.”
Homes featured on this year’s tour include:
• 6827 Lakeshore Drive, sponsored by the JacksonSells Team and Lawyers Title.
• 6818 Lakeshore Drive, sponsored by the Nancy Johnson Group/Compass.
• 7575 Benedict Drive, sponsored by the Heather Guild Group and Veritex Community Bank.
• 6944 Lakewood Boulevard, sponsored by David Bush Realtors, Cornerstone Home Lending and Republic Title.
•6921 Westlake Avenue, sponsored by Farris McMahon Group, Lawyers Title and Theriot Mortgage Group.
• 6747 Alexander Drive, sponsored by Kate Walters Real Estate, the Kruse Dickstein Team of IberiaBank, and Republic Title.