Dallas-based nonprofit Dwell with Dignity is hosting a monthlong fundraiser, featuring furniture and home decor sales and workshops.
In 2009, Lakewood neighbor Lisa Robinson founded the nonprofit, which works to create relaxing, inspiring homes for people escaping homelessness and poverty.
Thrift Studio is now in its 11th year and will be held Aug. 27-Sept. 25 in a 25,000-square-foot retail space at 175 Oak Lawn. The fundraiser is free to attend and is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
Designers selected to curate the vignettes neighbors can see at the fundraiser include:
- Lakewood-based The Collective
- AF Home Interior
- Chase Dowell Interior Design
- Kara Legako Design
- Mary Beth Wagner Interiors
- Meredith Ellis Design
- Tori Rubinson Interiors
- Yates Desygn
More than 50 pieces of art by local artists will also be available for purchase.
A Preview Party will be held Aug. 26 to offer neighbors first dibs on the items. Tickets to enter 10 a.m.-5 p.m. cost $250, and tickets to enter 11 a.m.-5 p.m. cost $150.
New this year is the Thrifty Thursday series, which includes special events and workshops.
- Sept. 2, 5-7 p.m.: Candle-making workshop with Candle Ghoul. Tickets cost $35.
- Sept. 9, 5-7 p.m.: Succulent-arranging workshop with Plant & Sip DFW. Food trucks will be present. Tickets cost $35.
- Sept. 16: Happy hour with Dallasites101
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.