A new discount ridership program is available to Dallas Area Rapid Transit users in need.
The Discount GoPass Tap Card allows for a 50% discount on the cost of regularly-priced DART trips. The reloadable cards can be used on any DART bus or light rail, including the Trinity Railway Express between the EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Station, the transit system shared.
New or current riders are eligible for the discount if they participate in any of the following support assistance programs:
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
- TANF (Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- CEAP (Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Housing Choice Vouchers
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas Program
- Texas WIC (Texas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)
Online registration and more information on the discount pass can be found at DART.org/TapForHalf, or by calling DART customer service at 214-979-1111, and choosing option 1.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.