Eighteen Woodrow Wilson High School students received scholarships from the school’s community foundation and individual donors before heading off to school next fall.
The 2016 Woodrow Wilson High School Community Foundation Scholarships winners are as follows:
- Richard H. Vitale Family Scholarship – Gabriel Jankovsky
- Woodrow Wilson Class of 1942 Scholarship – Kosta Labos
- Marca Lee Bircher Vocal/ Music Theater Scholarship – Henry Craft
- Woodrow Wilson Class of 1968 Scholarship – Gabriella Hernandez
- Woodrow Wilson Class of 1991 Scholarship – Georgie Osgood
- Class of 1971 Dennis Roe Memorial Scholarship – Andrew DeRouen
- Bob and Mary Jo English Scholarship – Chrystal Marshall
- Veritex Community Leadership College Scholarship – Lauren Mora
- The Richmond Family Scholarship – Matt Merino
- Alise Cortez Scholarship – Alondra Ortiz
- Colonel Jay Cozby Memorial Scholarship – Ashley Watson
- The Gustavo Ipina Memorial Scholarship – Aurora Torres
- Class of 1978 Hal Hammond Memorial Scholarship – Cole Martinez
- The Kuesel Family Scholarship – David Juan
- The Friends of Lakewood Scholarship – Michael Tepera
- The Wildcat Legends Scholarship honoring G.L. “Pop” Ashburn – Molly Weber
- The Wildcat Legends Scholarship honoring Paul Harris and Wayne Pierce – Mariah Olson
- Amy and Jason Kulas Family Scholarship – Hutton England
A reception was held at the high school library for students and family members.
Most of the scholarships are for one year, and ranged from $500 to $2,000. The Jason and Amy Kulas Family Scholarship is a four-year scholarship totaling $10,000. Altogether, the Foundation awarded $30,950 in scholarships for 2016.
Students can apply for the Woodrow Wilson High School Community Foundation scholarships in the spring of their senior year.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.