IN 1905, cotton gin manufacturer Robert S. Munger founded 300-acre Munger Place, a neighborhood with Swiss Avenue as the crown jewel. The tagline from the original Munger Place advertisement was “The City Man’s Home.” Munger Place, including the tree- lined boulevard on Swiss, had paved streets and sidewalks, a rarity at the time. The alley between Swiss and Gaston avenues was a rail spur for those who had private rail cars. Munger envisioned elegant, expansive two-story homes that cost at least $10,000 built on large lots. The neighborhood attracted elite architects, as well as the business and social class. Each homeowner shaped the future of Dallas and sought individual architectural tastes. The neighborhood is a mishmash of Neoclassical, Tudor, Spanish Eclectic, Italian Renaissance, Colonial Revival and Prairie School styles. Notable architects, including Hal Thompson, Bertram Hill, C.E. Barglebaugh and Lang & Witchell, constructed many of the homes.