What are the plans for the old Albertsons at Mockingbird and Abrams?

The Albertsons in Casa Linda Plaza, which is not the location in question. 

The Dallas Morning News’ “Curious Texas” series took a close look at our neighborhood this week to try and dig into the future of the empty space where Albertsons once stood on the southeast corner of Mockingbird and Abrams.

The space has been a grocery store for decades, and was most recently a Minyard Sun Fresh Market. Minyard’s first store was in East Dallas on Lindsley Avenue and opened in 1932, and the Lakewood Whole Foods used to be a Minyard Food Store as well.

Lakewood neighbors Jeffrey and Annette Patterson submitted the question about the future of the location to Curious Texas. Ward Kampf, the president of prperty owners Northwood Retail, told the News the space will not be a grocery store but instead will be sliced up for two or three other tenants. He said that the tenants might be known within the next month.

The property has changed hands frequently over the last few years, as HEB purchased the space from Albertsons when they opened a few Central Market’s around town. HEB then sold it to Lincoln Property who sold it to Northwood Retail. Northwood is also remaking the adjacent property at Hillside Village on the north side of Mockingbird.

Read the entire Curious Texas story here.


WANT MORE?
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.
Written By
More from Will Maddox

#FBF: Our neighborhood’s UFO hunter

Back in 2004, the Advocate interviewed Nick Redfern, a neighborhood author who...
Read More