Baylor, Scott and White’s White Rock hospital is sold again

Doctors Hospital is now Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – White Rock. (Photo by Christina Hughes Babb)
Photo by Christina Hughes Babb

The 218-bed Baylor, Scott and White Medical Center — White Rock at Buckner and Garland has been sold to a California company called Pipeline Health.

Baylor owned the facility, which used to be called Doctor’s Hospital, for less than two years. Built in 1959, it served the White Rock and East Dallas community for decades, but was put up for sale in May.

Pipeline is based in Manhattan Beach, Calif. and currently owns five hospitals in its home state. This will be its first facility in Texas.


WANT MORE?
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.
Written By
More from Will Maddox

Our neighborhood’s highest-rated school may surprise you

The Texas Educational Agency released its 2017 Accountability Ratings, and the top-rated...
Read More