Opened in 1946, it was the 13th postal substation in Dallas and the headquarters for 16 neighborhood letter carriers. It closed 30 years later although the building still stands, now home to Times Ten Cellars. (Source: The Dallas Morning News)

Return to ‘Historical happenings’ story


WANT MORE?
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.