Originally, it was a trail that connected Mesquite with the town of Reinhardt (see entry 8). It officially was changed to Gus Thomasson on Feb. 21, 1938, named for the man who oversaw $100 million in New Deal funded projects all over the city, much of which was spent on paving roads, including Skillman (see entry 18). (Source: The Dallas Morning News)

Return to ‘Historical happenings’ story


WANT MORE?
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.