Dr Pepper is a true piece of Texas pride, invented in Waco in the late 1800s. It came to the neighborhood in 1948 when the company moved its national headquarters to Greenville Avenue. Despite a valiant effort to save the building, it was demolished in 1997. But the original Dr Pepper time and temperature sign can still be seen in the northwest corner of the intersection. (Sources: City of Dallas, The Dallas Morning News)
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.