Built in 1911, the Pump Station helped the city avoid drought in its early years. It could pump 20 million gallons from the man-made reservoir into the city’s water system every 24 hours. Showing how things change over time, The Dallas Morning News wrote that “the water is clear as a crystal and the banks are freed of all trash” in 1912. (Source: The Dallas Morning News)
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.