Stained-glass art was a fast-growing field when Roger D. McIntosh was born in 1888. He spent almost his whole life in Dallas, and in 1922 at the age of 32, he purchased the property that would become his studio and home for the rest of his life. His work can be seen in the Adolphus Hotel, Munger Place Methodist Church and the Dallas Power-and-Light Building. But the highest concentration of his designs can be found in his understated house on Abrams. “He made extraordinary use of his first love, glass, personally creating nearly every window, mirror, lamp, and light fixture in the place,” Texas Monthly wrote. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. (Source: National Parks Service)
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.