On Rotation: Photo by Brittany Nunn

On Rotation: Photo by Brittany Nunn

Raise your glass to Lakewood’s newest craft brewery concept.

Neighbors Jacob and Lindsay Sloan hosted a soft opening for the nano-brewery On Rotation in a space tucked away behind Gaston-Garland-Grand, right next door to Cane Rosso White Rock.

If you’ve never heard of a nano-brewery, the idea is that it’s bigger than a homebrewery, but smaller than a microbrewery. Rather than distributing to other bars in the area, On Rotation will sell their craft beers on site in a space set up more like a coffee shop than a bar, Jacob explains.

Aside from their own brews, they’ll also offer other craft beer selections. Right now they’re serving only outside brews on tap — about 60 percent are local and the other 40 percent are from outside Texas. They’ll begin rotating their own brews during and after their grand opening at the end of February.

Learn more and watch their progress on the website or Facebook page, and watch the video below for a peek at the new location.


WANT MORE?
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.