Here are some neighborhood school news nuggets for the week:
- Parents at Alex Sanger Elementary are pushing a petition to expand the school, according to a story by the Dallas Morning News. They hope to add three more years by adding sixth through eight grades. Read more.
- The Lakewood Home Festival is coming up. Don’t forget to grab tickets to the auction party while they’re still available. Also, the LECPTA is still looking for volunteers to help with the home festival weekend. Learn more.
- Lakewood Elementary needs volunteers to help with the Stallion Store coming up on Nov. 7. Learn more.
- Lakehill Preparatory School is hosting its annual Trek for Tech race this Saturday, Nov. 8. Register online for $25. Packet pick-up is available at Lakehill on Nov. 6-7, from 8-10 a.m. and 3-5 p.m., or on race day beginning at 7 a.m.
- Support Stonewall Gardens by attending Family Movie Night on Friday, Nov. 7. Gates open at 6 p.m. and the movie — which will be either “The Lego Movie” or “Mr. Peabody and Sherman” — will start at 7 p.m. Admission is free. Campisi’s pizza, drinks and snacks will be sold. They request donations, which will benefit the garden, and remind attendees that this is a family event — no drop-offs.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.