A Dallas-based health care company is participating in late-phase COVID-19 vaccine trials with AstraZeneca Oxford.
Prism Health North Texas has been preparing for months to host the next round of trials, which will include 30,000 participants. The healthcare company, founded in Oak Cliff over 30 years ago in response to the AIDS crisis, is looking for 250 volunteers, who will be compensated for their time and given stipends for office visits.
The pharmaceutical company is expanding the late-phase trials of its AZD1222. It recently announced that a preliminary trial that included almost 23,000 participants in the United Kingdom and Brazil showed an overall 70 percent efficacy rate, and none of those who did contract the virus were hospitalized or experienced severe symptoms.
Here’s who they’re looking for:
- Those with underlying medical conditions
- Those with greater risk of exposure at their jobs
- Those living or working in elder-care facilities, jails or prisons
- Those over the age of 65 (participants must be 18 years or older)
- Those in racial or ethnic groups, such as African Americans, Latinx and Native Americans, who have been impacted in greater numbers
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.