You never need an excuse to eat a doughnut, but if you’re the health-conscious type, today is National Doughnut Day, so calories don’t count. Some neighborhood eateries are celebrating with free doughnuts, discounts or just delicious, over-the-top doughnuts. Get your fingers sticky at these doughnut shops.
- Dunkin’ at 6401 E. Northwest Highway is offering a free doughnut with any beverage purchase.
- Krispy Kreme at 5118 Greenville Ave. is offering customers any doughnut for free.
- Celebrate at Jarams, 2117 Abrams Road, with a croissant doughnut, gummy bear-topped doughnut and more. By June 7 at midnight, post a photo of your Jarams doughnut on Instagram and tag @jaramsdonuts to win prizes. The Insta account with the most followers will get one dozen doughnuts per week for 24 weeks. The photo with the most likes will get one dozen doughnuts per week for 16 weeks. The best photo will get one dozen doughnuts per week for four weeks, and six winners who have “cool photos” will get one dozen doughnuts.
- Hypnotic Donuts and Chicken Biscuits, 9007 Garland Road, has standard doughnuts, plus all the ones you could never imagine. Stop by for a weird, crazy, fun and over-the-top doughnut experience.
- Milk and Cream at 5420 Ross Ave. specializes in doughnut sandwiches filled with ice cream and mix-ins like candy and cereal.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.