A large, home-cooked meal may be off the table for families and extended relatives celebrating Easter this year. But there’s no reason to let social distancing and the coronavirus spoil the holiday. With Easter just over a week away, East Dallas restaurants are offering takeout specials in case you can’t find that ham at the grocery store.
- Furlough Kitchen is offering a free Easter meal for four to those in the hospitality service industry. Meals can be picked up from noon to 7 p.m. April 11 at 4318 Eastside Ave. The menu includes ham, sweet potato puree, asparagus, rolls and peach cobbler. All meals will be reheat ready with instructions printed and taped to the boxes. Guests can request children’s activities to be included with the meals. It will be available while supplies last.
- Boston Market has reheat ready meals for groups of all sizes this Easter. Individual meals cost $13.99, and the Easter Feast for three costs $39.99. Orders, including sides, a la carte options and buffet-style dinners, can be picked up April 10-12. Delivery is available for sides and smaller meals.
- Meso Maya is open for Easter brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Try the chilaquiles verdes, chorizo migas or the chorizo egg and cheese tacos. The eatery will also serve Easter dinner from its regular menu.
- Two Sisters Catering on Gaston Avenue is offering an Easter meal for a family of four. Choose from an entree list of roasted turkey breast, pan-seared salmon or grilled rosemary lamb chops. It comes with three sides, including a variety of salads and roasted veggies. For dessert, feast on strawberry cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes or lemon bars and chocolate-dipped strawberries. Prices range from $110 to $140.
- Leila Bakery and Cafe has special Easter offers on brie and asparagus quiche, carrot cake, strawberry rhubarb pie and hot cross buns.
- Goldrush Cafe is offering a $75 barbecue Easter dinner to serve a family of four. The meal comes with smoked brisket, sliced ham, collard greens, macaroni and cheese and banana pudding. Orders will be accepted through Wednesday, and pickup is Saturday.
Did we miss one? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with other Easter specials.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.