We can’t celebrate Valentine’s Day without our one true love: our pets! Here’s how to make them feel extra spoiled:
- Get their picture taken. On Saturday, Julia Rigler Photography, will take pet pictures at Hollywood Feed at 5545 Lovers Lane from noon to 4 p.m. Photos will be delivered via an online gallery where you can order prints and photo gifts. Proceeds benefit Border Collie Save & Rescue.
- Take them to a party. The Pet Supplies Plus store at 1704 Greenville Ave. will host a Love Your Pet party from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. All pets on leashes or in a carrier are welcome to treats, samples and activities including a paw print stamping.
- Take them to a patio. Deep Ellum Outdoor Market had dog-friendly Saturdays every week.
- Take them to the dog park. There will be a Pugs + Coffee meetup from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday at the Swiss Avenue Dog Park, 2917 Swiss Ave. All breeds are welcome. Coffee and Valentine’s Day-themed snacks will be provided for the paw-rents.
- Teach them some manners. Good Dog Fetch has a five-week beginning class starting at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 16 when your pet can learn to sit, come, stay, walk on a loose leash and learn a few tricks. Meetings are outdoors in the White Rock Lake and East Dallas areas.
- Take them to a Pittie Pawty. Bull luv able Paws and Chi Wawas Rescue is organizing a party Sunday at the Hollywood Feed on Abrams from 1 to 4 p.m.
This list was originally compiled by the Dallas Morning News and edited to include only events in East Dallas.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.