The Greater East Dallas Chamber of Commerce announced six public and private school teachers at neighborhood schools as the 2019 Teacher of the Year award winners.
This year’s recipients are:
- Jennifer Edoghtou, L. L. Hotchkiss Elementary School
- Michael Jones, J. L. Long Middle School
- Jose Delgado, Bryan Adams High School
- Jhoana Cayme-Mosley, Lakehill Preparatory School
- Anna Smith, Dallas Academy
- Tim Hagood, Lakehill Preparatory School
Teachers, nominated by the community, were selected because of their contributions to innovative, unique and novel programs that improve and promote education.
They will be recognized at an awards luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 19 at the Alice and Erle Nye Family Environmental Science Center at Lakehill Preparatory School.
Tickets are $35 for chamber members and $40 for guests.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.