The Landmark Commission approved site improvements to the Bath House Cultural Center next to White Rock Lake.
Renovations to the building at 521 E. Lawther Drive include a new patio, walkways, planters and the removing of two trees.
The new additions will allow better access to the basement for people with disabilities and will help mitigate flooding during heavy rain, according to the City of Dallas Sustainable Development and Construction Facebook page
The Bath House was constructed in 1930 in art deco style and was granted Dallas Landmark status in 1996.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.