Dallas firefighters are working to extinguish a blaze at an apartment complex near White Rock Lake.
@DallasFireRes_q out at 9000 Poopy Dr #2AlarmFire. Fire in attic of 3-story apartment building. No injuries, minimal to no interior damage, fire under control. https://t.co/r4ldYhZfZW pic.twitter.com/TM2ToZP1p0
— DALLAS FIRE-RESCUE (@DallasFireRes_q) July 26, 2019
There were reports of smoke coming from the roof of a three-story apartment building. Fire crews located the blaze in the attic and put it out after an hour, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said.
Investigators said the fire was accidental. It started when a worker using a heat gun inadvertently ignited combustible materials near the roof.
No injuries were reported, and interior damage was minimal. Four units had varying degrees of smoke and water damage, Evans said.
Watch the video from ABC affiliate, WFAA:
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.