Principal Michael Moran said in a letter to parents that the contractor was installing wiring Monday when he saw the ammo hidden in a portable building, the Dallas Morning News reported. A class in that building was moved to a different location Tuesday while authorities investigated.
The contractor did not find anything else, but school officials said they might increase security as a precaution, according to WFAA.
The two events do not appear to be connected.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.