Past and present: Teter’s Faucet Parts

Left: Photo courtesy of Teter’s Faucet Parts Right: Photo by Danny Fulgencio
Left: Photo courtesy of Teter’s Faucet Parts. Right: Photo by Danny Fulgencio

It was 1935 when Teter Plumbing Company began serving Dallas. In 1947, the family run business opened a storefront on Abrams, in the spot now occupied by Curiosities. The company was all about the hometown pride, taking part in neighborhood parades and making house calls. By the 1980s, it had transitioned to a retail operation rather than service business, rebranded as Teter’s Faucet Parts. After outgrowing its space in the 1990s, the business relocated to its current site on Oram, in the 13,000-square-foot building that once held Lakewood Lanes bowling alley. In the coming years, the building could be demolished altogether, as developers have laid out plans for a five- or six-story apartment complex to fill the block. It hasn’t earned city approval yet, so Teter’s is staying put for now with no immediate plans to relocate.


WANT MORE?
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.
Written By
More from Emily Charrier

Show your heart and get displayed at the Bath House Cultural Center

February is all about matters of the heart — not only is...
Read More