The most important thing you should know is that it’s Spring Break. So if your kids are at school… well, that’s a problem. Other than that, here’s some only-slightly-less-important school news you should know:[list type=”bullet”]
- William Lipscomb Elementary gave Mi Cocina Lakewood a “big thanks” on its Facebook page for hosting the Dine In and Donate Night to raise money for the 5th grade Sky Ranch trip.
- Lakewood Elementary is hosting the LOLA Art/Service Project, and it’s due March 24. For kids who want to participate, take a nature walk along White Rock waterways and collect litter. Then create a masterpiece with said litter (although other art supplies are okay too as long as they are biodegradable). Look for more on the website. Also, the deadline for Expressions, Lakewood Elementary’s Literary Magazine, is March 26.
- Take a class at Pinot’s Palette in Lakewood and benefit Stonewall Jackson Elementary School. “Paint. Drink. Have fun,” as they say at Pinot’s, and then leave with your own masterpiece. Go online to register a class, and use the code FDSTONE to save $5 on your class and Pinot’s will donate Stonewall Jackson.
- Don’t forget, Stonewall Jackson is prepping for the 3rd Annual Food Truck Field Day on March 29, and there’s going to be a new addition to the event this year: The White Top Book Sale. So Stonewall needs as many books as they can get before then. There’s a bin in the front hall outside the office for donations. All proceeds will benefit Stonewall Gardens.
- Coming up on March 18, Lakehill Preparatory School is hosting “Trade Secrets: Behind the Scenes at Trader Joe’s,” featuring a private tour and wine tasting. Plus a swag bag. Classes are still available. Check it out.
- Woodrow Wilson High School is gearing up for its rendition of Funny Girl in April for the ever-popular Woodrow spring musical. The musical runs from April 24-26 in the Woodrow Wilson High School auditorium at 100 S. Glasgow. For more, read the event webpage.
- Lakewood Elementary and the Lakewood PTA are getting ready for their Spring Carnival in April. The carnival, A Space Odyssey, needs sponsors and donations for on-line auction prizes (see the list of suggested items). They have t-shirts available, but only until March 7.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.