If you’re looking for some places where you can grab some grub on Christmas Eve or Christmas, here’s a handful of local joints to keep in mind:
- Urbano Cafe will be open on Christmas Eve. They will serve our regular menu plus some great specials (no holiday prix fixe menus or anything), and they still have some reservations left. Call 214.823.8550 to save a table. They will be closed on Christmas.
- The Libertine Bar will be closed on Dec. 24, Christmas Eve, but if you’re looking for something to warm you up on Christmas night, they’ll be open from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Yesterday La Popular Tamale House posted on their Facebook page that they are out of pre-orders for Dec. 24, but you can pre-order for Dec. 25 to pick up between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. You may also walk in on a first come-first serve from noon-7 p.m. on Dec. 24.
- All Twin Peaks’ Restaurants, including the one in East Dallas, will be open on Dec. 24, and the Twin Peaks Girls will be wearing their “most festive Santa outfits.”
- Chip’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers in Lakewood will be open for a half day on Christmas Eve, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. They will be closed on Christmas.
- The Szechuan Pavilion in Casa Linda will be open Christmas day from 11 a.m.-8p.m.
We can still add restaurants to the list. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or comment below if your restaurant (or a restaurant you know of) will be open on Christmas Eve or Christmas.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.