Albertson’s to Join Casa Linda Family
A 59,651-square-foot Albertson’s will open in January at Casa Linda Plaza, Buckner and Garland Roads. The 24-hour grocery will feature a full-service food and drug market, deli and pharmacy.
“The addition of Albertson’s improves our tenant mix and makes Casa Linda a true community center,” says Sammie Gatti, director of leasing for Gross Lancton & Co., which manages and leases Casa Linda, a 330,000-square-foot center featuring 65 retail shops and restaurants.
Albertson’s will be located in the Plaza’s northeast quadrant, next door to Highland Park Cafeteria and adjacent to Frankie’s Li’l Europe, which will be relocated. Callaway Architects, Inc. of Dallas has designed a Mediterranean-style storefront for Albertson’s consistent with existing Casa Linda architecture.
To make room for the grocery store and adjacent parking, a building formerly occupied by King’s True Value Hardware will be demolished. Relocations within Casa Linda include Ice Delight, Ventura’s Shoe & Boot Repair, Hong Kong Tailor, Christian Science Reading Room, Casa Linda Travel, Dr. Fred Cutler and Cloth World, all designed by project architect Selzer and Associates.
Albertson’s expects up to 20,000 customers weekly at the Casa Linda store.
Among the retailers at Casa Linda are Chili’s, Highland Park Cafeteria, Bryce Studio and the Maddox Shop.
Lakewood Chamber Announces New Area Businesses
According to Eloise Sherman of the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce, the following new businesses have opened in the East Dallas area during the past several weeks:
Anna-Crafts, 1900 Abrams Parkway at the corner of LaVista (828-9393). Owned by Anna Esler, the shop features crafts and materials for needlework of all kinds, beadwork and handmade jewelry. Craft classes are available. Anna-Crafts formerly was located in Medallion Center.
Joshua Christian Store, 6933 E. Mockingbird Avenue at Abrams, Suite 125 (826-6370). Manager Walker Smith stocks books, collectibles and gifts, both Christian and secular.
LeCour’s Blue Front Café, 2221 Abrams at Belmont (828-0123). Owned by James and Annabelle LeCour, the restaurant features German food made famous by their grandparents, Anna and William George Schliepake. The original Blue Front Café opened in 1877 Downtown and continues to operate at 1308 Elm Street. The Blue Front is open daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. The restaurant features an outdoor beer garden.
Uniglobe Lakewood Travel, 6336 Gaston Avenue (823-8911). Owners Mike and Sheila Lewis offer corporate and individual travel service. Open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.