Whether you’ve been planning for the sales after Thanksgiving or are a last-minute shopper, one thing is for sure: there are going to be some great deals this weekend.
However, if you’re going out to face the crowds and shop why not head to the local stores and small businesses? It’s a chance to support the East Dallas community find gifts you probably wouldn’t be able to get anywhere else. So if you’re headed out for Black Friday, waiting till Small Business Saturday (an event created by American Express), or doing both, know that many of your neighbors have some great specials going on. You just need to get out there and take advantage of them.
Or, before you start, learn more about Small Business Saturday here.
- Who says you can’t be comfortable when shopping? The owners of The Gypsy Wagon are encouraging shoppers to wear their pajamas to the store on Black Friday for a chance to win a gift card. Early shoppers will also have a chance to receive select deals if they’re the first through the doors.
- Greenville’s eclectic clothing store, Bullzerk, is adding a unique spin to their Black Friday event. Anyone who comes into the store without a t-shirt will get a free t-shirt in return.
- What’s better than buying gifts? Free champagne and chocolate of course. Between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Friday, Talulah & HESS will be serving the sweet pairing to customers.
- Destress from the shopping frenzy with a trip to Yoga Mart to find your zen. On Saturday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., the yoga store will be taking off 30 percent off all regular priced merchandise, excluding markdown items, Zafu and meditation pads.
- Milk & Honey Boutique is taking up to 50 percent off merchandise with an additional increase on Black Friday. Save up your energy because that deal will continue through Saturday.
- Several deals, including up to 70 percent off purchases, will be happening at Pink Lucy on Black Friday. The first 50 customers will also be eligible for a $50 gift card.
- Keith’s Comics is kicking off Black Friday with a coupon discount that includes several deals at the store. Print out the coupons and get to the store at 3 p.m. on Friday to snag your purchases.
- Get a head start on wrapping your Christmas present with a trip to Dallas Cards & Gifts. On Black Friday the store will be offering 25 percent off all gift wrapping.
- If you head to Mockingbird Station stop in at Accents where you can buy one get one 40 percent off on all merchandise except clearance. The deal takes place on Black Friday.
- Anyone who hasn’t found the right gift yet might want to head over to Echo Boutique. The store will be offering 25 percent off merchandise for Small Business Saturday.
Editor’s note: If we missed your neighborhood business contact the author of this post at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.