Food court blaze causes NorthPark evacuation

If you’re planning to eat at NorthPark’s Panda restaurant, you might want to wait a couple of days: the DMN reports that the mall was closed for more than an hour Monday after a grease fire in the Panda food court location overcame employees, traveled through a Vent-a-Hood and into the mall’s attic, and broke through the roof.

The first was discovered around 10:30 a.m., and after a quick evacuation and after firemen poked a hole in the roof over Panda, shoppers once again were invited back to resume spending money about 11:30 a.m.

Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Lakewood/East Dallas.